Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School - 8/10/09

The first day back to school is always a scary one. What to wear? What will my teachers be like? Will I have the same lunch as my friends? Well, its also scary for teachers! What will my classes be like? What if I forget something? Not to mention we have to get up in front of 150 strangers and talk all day...

Today was AWESOME though! I enjoyed meeting all of you and think this year is going to rock!

Here's what we covered (all handouts are on the website):
  • DGP (make sure you download the notes and form!)
  • Syllabus
  • August Calendar
  • Three T's and Intro Powerpoint
  • Read "My Name" and talk about theme, tone, technique
  • Write your own name history in your Writer's Notebook (pick one up if you haven't!)
  • Homework - Vocabulary Unit #1 (due 8/28), leave comment on webpage

Let me know if you have any questions! Don't forget you can ALWAYS email me, or stop by. I am available before school, after school, and during 1st, 6th, and 7th Period.

27 comments:

  1. um...u told us to comment...so im commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just seeing how this works

    ReplyDelete
  3. just commenting for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm commenting this, I hope it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commenting complete. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey just commenting cuz u told us to

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey leaving a comment like you said to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted last night but i guess i didn't go through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Just leaving you a comment
    since we were told to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's my comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *drumroll* and I have completed the act of commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *drumroll* and I have completed the act of commenting!

    ReplyDelete