Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tone, Tone, and more Tone - 8/11/09

Today in class we focused on learning more about tone vs mood. Hopefully, it is now clear to everyone! Please, please ask questions if you don't get it. Better now than in April...know what I mean? :o)

Here is what we covered in class today:

  • DGP (download and print if you still haven't!)
  • Ice Breaker: Where are you from? I could not believe all the places you guys were born! So many of you are from countries so far away. Awesome!
  • Read poem "Where I am from" and discuss the 3 T's
  • Categorize all the items from the poem, and then add your own
  • Create a poem that mirrors "Where I am from", but all about you
  • Tone Exercise (We will finish this tomorrow!)
Also, a shout out to my 3rd period...our first advisement was fun! I liked playing our version of "20 questions" with all of you!

7 comments: